Prep Time: 15 mins and Cook Time: 10 mins
- Quinoa - 1/2 cup
- Onion - 1 finely chopped
- Ginger - 1/2 inch piece
- Garlic - 2-3 cloves
- Capsicum - 1 small size
- Tomato - 1 big
- Black Beans (cooked) - 1/4
- Paprika - 1 tsp or as needed
- Salt needed
- Olive oil - 2 tsp
- Fresh lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Rinse Quinoa for few times in cold water.
- Bring Quinoa and Water to a boil in a medium Saucepan, and then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes until Quinoa is fluffy and cooked through. Remove from heat and let set for five minutes or so.
- If using dried black beans, wash and soak it overnight. Pressure cook with a little salt for 3 whistles until soft.
- Finely chop Onions, Ginger (after peeling the skin) and Garlic finely.
- Heat Oil in a pan, add Onions, Ginger and Garlic. Sauté until Onions turn transparent. Add Paprika and Sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add chopped Tomatoes, Capsicum, cooked Quinoa, cooked Black Beans and salt needed. Mix well (no need to cook) and remove from heat.
- Add Lemon juice and garnish with finely chopped Coriander leaves.
- Enjoy it warm. As we have added lot of vegetables and Black Beans, you do not need any side dish for this. But if preferred enjoy it with Raita/Pickle.