Prep Time: 15 mins and Cook Time: 5 mins
- Quinoa - 1/4 cup (uncooked)
- Low fat Milk - 3/4 cup - Almond milk or soy milk for vegans
- Honey or Organic palm jaggery - 1-2 tbsp
- Dates - chopped - 3-4
- Raisins/currants - 2 tbsp
- Toasted almonds thinly sliced - 4
- Walnuts - 4 chopped
- Hazelnuts - 3 chopped
- Cinnamon powder - 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Rinse Quinoa for few times in cold water.
- Bring Quinoa and Water to a boil in a medium Saucepan, and then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes until Quinoa is fluffy and cooked through. Remove from heat and let set for five minutes or so.
- Add Milk to the cooked Quinoa and cook for another 4-5 minutes until creamy. Add palm sugar, chopped dates, raisins and chopped nuts. Mix in cinnamon powder if you like the flavor and serve warm.