Prep Time: 5 mins and Cook Time: 20 mins
- Quinoa - 1/2 cup
- Water - 2 cups
- Onion - 1/2 cup chopped
- Green chilli - 1 slit
- Ginger - 1 inch piece finely chopped
- Garlic cloves - 3 finely chopped
- Tomato puree - 1 cup
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Sambar powder - 2 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Oil - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - a sprig
- Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Rinse Quinoa with Fresh and Clean Water. Take 1 Cup of Quinoa + 2 Cups of Water in Saucepan.
- Cover the Saucepan with Lid, simmer the Heat and Cook until the Quinoa is Boiled. Wait for 15 to 20 minutes, until the Water is fully absorbed.
- Grind/blend 3 ripe tomatoes and keep it ready. We need 1 cup of tomato puree. Chop onions, Ginger and Garlic finely.
- Heat Oil in a pan, add Mustard seeds, when it splutters, add Curry leaves, Onion, Ginger and Garlic. Add little Salt and wait until Onions turn transparent.
- Add Tomato puree, Sambar powder, Turmeric powder and Salt as needed. (We have added salt while cooking the onions, so add accordingly).
- Cook until the rawness of the Tomato goes and it oozes out oil. Cook the Tomatoes well on medium flame stirring from time to time.
- Once the Tomato puree is cooked add Quinoa to the Tomato mixture and mix well until the Quinoa is well coated with the tomato mixture. Check for salt and remove from heat. Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with any Raita or Pickle or Salad of your choice.