Prep Time: 15 mins and Cook Time: 15 mins
- Quinoa - 1/2 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Oil - 1 1/2 tsp
- Mustard - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Urad Dal - 1 tsp
- Channa Dal 1 tsp
- Ginger - 1 inch piece finely chopped
- Salt as needed
- Curry leaves - a sprig
- Green Chilli Slit - 1
- Chopped Mixed Vegetables (Onion, Carrots, Peas, Beans and Capsicum) - 1/2 to 3/4 cup
- Wash and Soak Quinoa for about 15 to 20 Minutes. While they soak, chop the Vegetables.
- Heat a Pan with Oil, add Cumin, Mustard, Dals and fry until they turn golden. Add chopped Vegetables and fry for 2 to 3 Minutes.
- Pour Water and add Salt. Bring it to boil.
- Drain off Water from Quinoa and add them to boiling Water.
- Cook on medium flame until Quinoa gets cooked completely and absorbs water. If there is more water left, cook for longer and evaporate.
- Serve hot with any Raita or Pickle or Chutney Podi of your choice.